Lecture by Honorary Doctor AbuBakr Bahaj
- Date: 26 January, 09:00–10:00
- Location: Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1 Polhemsalen
- Lecturer: AbuBakr Bahaj, Professor of Sustainable Energy at the University of Southampton, UK
- Organiser: Teknisk-naturvetenskapliga fakulteten
- Contact person: Cecilia Boström
Public lecture by the Faculty of Science and Technology’s honorary doctor 2018, Professor AbuBakr Bahaj, with the title Sustainable Energy across Scales.
British energy researcher AbuBakr Bahaj, born in 1952, is a Professor of Sustainable Energy at the University of Southampton, UK. His research concerns, among other things, renewable energy and energy efficiency enhancement, marine energy and energy supplies in developing countries. Bahaj was named one of the 100 foremost researchers in the UK by the UK Science Council for his ability to combine science and engineering with an understanding of the local society’s needs and political decision-making processes. For more than ten years, Professor Bahaj has very actively collaborated with researchers at the Ångström Laboratory and he has also been a visiting professor at Uppsala University.