Colloquium: Dynamics of two incompressible fluids in a porous media: Muskat problem
- Date: 09 February, 15:15
- Location: Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1
- Lecturer: Diego Cordoba (https://www.icmat.es/dcordoba)
- Contact person: Jordi Lluís Figueras
Abstract: The Muskat equation governs the motion of an interface separation of two incompressible fluids in a porous media (the interface between oil and water in sand) . In this talk I will review results on
(1) Local and global well-posedness in the stable regime (heavier fluid below).
(2) The existence of solutions which shift stability regimes and breakdown.
(3) The existence of mixing solutions in the fully unstable regime.