Seminar in Semitic Languages
- Date: 13 March, 16:15–18:00
- Location: Engelska parken 9-3042
- Lecturer: Jakob Andersson
- Organiser: Semitic Languages/Assyriology
- Contact person: Eleanor Coghill
Oh my God! The language of piety in Mesopotamian cuneiform votive objects
Presentation of preliminary conclusions from a project supported by the Swedish Research Council which proposes to produce a more complete understanding of ancient Near Eastern inscribed objects commissioned by private individuals using cuneiform writing betwen ca 2800 BCE–100 CE. The period corresponds to about 80 percent of the historical periods of the earliest historical Near Eastern societies. The ambitious time frame and scope is without parallel in Near Eastern material and linguistic studies.