RADICALISATION - Jihadiship: From Radicalization Processes to Deradicalization
- Date: –12:00
- Location: Blåsenhus Blåsenhus, Bertil Hammer salen
- Lecturer: Marco Nilsson, Associate Professor Political Science and Lecturer Jönköping University.
- Organiser: Centrum för forskning om religion och samhälle (CRS), CEMFOR och Teologiska institutionen
- Contact person: Martha Middlemiss Lé Mon
– A lecture and seminar series in collaboration with Centre for Multidisciplinary Studies on Racism (CEMFOR).
Marco Nilsson’ s research concentrates on issues of violent conflict in international politics. He has studied amongst other aspects how ideology and religion can complicate peace negotiations, the tactical efficacy of the suicide bomber and Swedish Jihadis. Marco Nilsson is also currently researching Islam in Sweden and refugees.
Other lectures in the Radicalisation-serie
25 April: Travelling Revolutionaries and Foreign Fighters: Between Myth and Reality?
9 May: How political violence became terrorism (and what that means for thinking about terrorism and radicalization today)