An introduction to Data Management Plans - what, why and how?
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Blåsenhus Gunnar Johansson-salen
- Lecturer: Ulf Jakobsson, Svensk nationell datatjänst (SND).
- Organiser: Projektet FAIRdriktning – hantering av forskningsdata vid Uppsala universitet
- Last day of registration: 5/17/2019 at. 12:00 PM.
- Contact person: Christer Lagvik
- Number of seats: 110 (Of which 66 are booked)
- Registration is closed for this event
Welcome to this seminar on how you write and make use of Data Management Plan in your research.
The aim of a Data Management Plan (DMP) is to plan the life cycle of data in a research project. It is a tool that by outlining how data will be generated, collected, documented, shared and preserved supports the researcher in effective data handling. The DMP also supports the university, e.g. in planning of IT resources. A number of research funding bodies already have recommendations and, in some cases (Swedish Research Council, Formas and Horizon2020) also requirements, for DMPs.
Seminar: 13.30 – 16.00, including coffe-break.
Note: The event will be held in Gunnar Johansson-salen.
Another seminar with the same theme is planned for September 2019.