Searching for spirituality in the age of technology: Occultism in late imperial Russia
- Datum: 12 december, kl. 15.15–17.00
- Plats: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES) Gamla torget 3, 3 vån, IRES Bibiotek
- Föreläsare: Julia Mannherz is Professor at the University of Oxford. She works on nineteenth- and early twentieth-century cultural history of the Russian empire and is especially interested in interdisciplinary approaches. Her recent book "Modern Occultism in Late Imperial Russia" (Northern Illinois University Press 2012) analyzes the widespread fascination with the supernatural in late nineteenth and early twentieth-century Russia and its role in contemporary discussions about science, folklore, literature and theology.
- Arrangör: Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies (IRES)
- Kontaktperson: Jevgenija Gehsbarga
- Telefon: 018 471 1630
with Professor Julia Mannherz (University of Oxford)