Challenging the rationality of research regulation
- Datum: 2018-02-05 kl 13:00 – 14:30
- Plats: Biomedicinskt centrum Boströmrummet
- Föreläsare: Stefan Eriksson (Lektor, CRB)
- Arrangör: Centrum för forsknings- och bioetik
- Kontaktperson: Pär Segerdahl
Öppet högre seminarium
A regulation study focused on the area of research ethics and research integrity will be presented by Stefan Eriksson. Concerns have been raised that the current regulatory system is heterogeneous, inefficient, and a result of too many accumulated compromises, which makes it opaque and difficult to navigate for researchers and ultimately stifles knowledge generation. In this seminar, it is discussed to what extent the current regulation of science conform to basic rational demands on a legitimate regulative system. In the seminar also some pointers will be given on how the regulative system better can meet those standards of rationality.