Describing South Saami: Between archaisms and innovations
- Datum: 25 april, kl. 10.15–12.00
- Plats: Engelska parken Hugo Valentin rummet, Eng4-1020
- Föreläsare: Richard Kowalik, Stockholm University
- Arrangör: Hugo Valentin centrum
- Kontaktperson: Robert Borges
Hugo Valentin open lecture series: Combatting Language Endangerment and Death Language activism and New Speakers
Richarard Kowalik is a PhD student in general linguistics at Stockholm University. His dissertation project is to write a corpus-based grammar of South Saami, based on spoken, contemporary language. His research interests are within language typology, language change and variation, and, on a broader level, a speaker communities’ understanding of and relation to variation, innovation and a “standard” language.