Seminar on intellectual property and export control – dual use in international collaborations
- Date: –10:00
- Location: Zoom
- Organiser: Internationaliseringsrådet vid Uppsala universitet
- Contact person: Lina Solander
The Advisory Board for Internationalisation invites all researchers with international collaborations as well as Heads of Departments at Uppsala University to a seminar on the topic of intellectual property and export control – dual use in international collaborations. Apply no later than 27 November.
• Introduction by moderator – Jonas Åström, Head at Uppsala University Innovation
• Intellectual Property – Sara Petersson, Patent Information Specialist at UU Innovation
• Export control/dual use – Linnea Burke Rolfhamre, Security Analyst at Security and Safety Division (part of the University Administration)
• Q&A with the audience
At this seminar, we will present a brief overview of the support you can receive through UU Innovation. More specifically, we will discuss some aspects to consider regarding immaterial rights connected to research results generated during collaborations with other countries. The seminar will also include a brief introduction to export control of dual-use items. Research and innovation in technology, medicine and other natural sciences often has both civilian applications and potential military uses. Both physical items and information of this sort are referred to as “dual-use items”. We will provide an introduction to determining when international collaboration will include dual-use items, how export controls can affect the collaboration and what support and guidance you have access to through the university.
The seminar will act as a short introduction to the topics, and provide contact points for further questions and/or consultation.
The seminar is held online, via Zoom.
To participate in the seminar register via email to Lina Solander, by November 27 at the latest.