(MOVED) Linda Andersson Burnett och Hanna Hodacs: "Fashion and ethnography in eighteenth-century scholarly travel writing"
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Zoom (contact Paula Henrikson or Christina Kullberg for link)
- Organiser: The Department of Literature, The Department of Modern Languages, and Uppsala Travel Writing Seminar (RELS)
- Contact person: Paula Henrikson, Christina Kullberg
Uppsala Travel Writing Seminar (RELS)
(NB, postponed. New date TBA.)
Two speakers from the Department of History of Science and Ideas at Uppsala University discuss fashion and ethnography in eighteenth-century scholarly travel writing:
– Linda Andersson Burnett, "Undressing 'savagery': The colonial collecting and narrating of Indigenous clothes and jewelry in eighteenth-century Hudson's Bay"
– Hanna Hodacs, "Exploring fashion in provincial and cosmopolitan settings – travelling naturalists in the late eighteenth century"