Introduction to systematic and structured searcing [step 1]
- Date: –11:00
- Location: Online/Zoom
- Organiser: Uppsala University Library
- Contact person: Malin Barkelind
This workshop is aimed at PhD students, post docs and researchers who wish to learn more about systematic and structured searching. It is a good foundation to later learn more about systematic or structured searching. This time we focus especially on examples and possible applications from the humanities and adjacent disciplines, but all researchers are welcome.
The workshop will include:
- What are systematic and structured searches?
- What steps are part of the process?
- Using acronyms to specify your research topic
- Basic principles for searching (e.g. number of databases and useful filters)
- How to document your strategies for increased transparency
If requested, the course will be given in English.