Systematic searching [step 2]
- Date: –14:00
- Location: Online/Zoom
- Organiser: Uppsala University Library
- Contact person: Malin Barkelind
This workshop is a continuation of Introduction to systematic and structured searcing step 1. The workshop is aimed at PhD students, post docs and researchers who wish to update their information searching skills and learn how to design searches for systematic reviews and scoping reviews.
We recommend you to first take the Introduction to systematic and structured searcing step 1, unless you have equivalent prior knowledge.
We focus especially on examples and possible applications from the humanities and adjacent disciplines, but all researchers are welcome.
We will introduce you to different aspect of searching systematically:
- Design and document systematic search strategies
- Include specific study designs
- Reviewing strategies
On top of this, we will also give advice on other parts of the process of performing a systematic review:
- What is needed to perform a systematic review?
- Where can I find examples of protocols?
- Reviewing relevance and quality
- Checklists for critical appraisal
- Screening tools in brief
If requested, the course will be given in English.