Structured searching [step 2]
- Date: –14:00
- Location: Online/Zoom
- Organiser: Uppsala University Library
- Contact person: Malin Barkelind
This workshop is a continuation of Introduction to systematic and structured searcing step 1. The workshop is aimed at PhD students, post docs and researchers who wish to learn more about structured searching. We focus especially on examples and possible applications from the humanities and adjacent disciplines, but all researchers are welcome.
We recommend you to first take the Introduction to systematic and structured searcing step 1, unless you have equivalent prior knowledge.
We will introduce you to different aspect of searching:
- Design and document structured search strategies
- Include specific study designs
On top of this, we will also give advice on other parts of the process of conducting a literature review:
- What to consider when limiting your scope
- Applying structured search techniques on different resources (archives, databases, catalogues)
- Where can I find examples of protocols?
- Screening tools in brief
If requested, the course will be given in English.