Leadership – Building and Forging an Inter- or Multi-Disciplinary Team. Seminar 6 in the series Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges
- Date: –15:00
- Location: Zoom
- Organiser: Centre for Integrated Research on Culture and Society (CIRCUS)
- Contact person: Ingrid Berg
Welcome to Circus' seminar series: Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges. Our sixth seminar is called: Leadership – Building and Forging an Inter- or Multi-Disciplinary Team. (in English)
How do you find researchers for a new inter- or multi- disciplinary endeavour? What are you to look for in potential partners possibly steeped in disciplinary quirks quite different from your own? And, how do you bring the team together? The seminar works with these questions, mixing introductions from a few seasoned colleagues with the sharing of experiences among the participants.
We will host the Spring seminars entirely on zoom until further notice. A link will be sent to registered participants ahead of the seminar.
About the seminar series
Interdisciplinary possibilities, practices and challenges is an exploratory seminar series. The aim of the seminar series is to expand our collaborative understanding of different aspects of performing interdisciplinary research. The series is meant to be a collectively maintained venue for discussing the practices, challenges, and opportunities with cross-disciplinary research endeavours.
The seminars are open to anyone curios about doing research across disciplinary boundaries. The series have a few recurrent themes, where you can choose to follow all of the seminars or focus on seminars on a specific theme.
- Practices and skills: seminars designed to discuss various skill-sets and practices specific to working in interdisciplinary contexts. Topics include collaborative writing, seminar cultures, publishing strategies, developing research ideas and grant applications etc.
- Career: seminaries designed for early career researchers who are already working across disciplines or who are interested in initiating interdisciplinary research. Topics include careers paths, challenges in switching disciplines, professional identity and self-imagery etc.
- Leadership: seminars designed for principal investigators, project leaders and participants in interdisciplinary collaborative projects. Topics include challenges and practices in leading a cross-disciplinary research group, designing and developing group cohesion etc.